The Jaguarholt is the M.C.A.H. fan community Discord server, hosted by the author! It’s available to Patreon patrons who pledge at the chat tier, and to the Jaguar’s volunteers and assistants. If you’d like to join, jump over to the Patreon page! If the monthly pledge is currently beyond your means, please apply to the grant fund for help.
There are some community rules:
- Respect each other. Be polite.
- No profanity.
- Jaguar fans come from every country, every political philosophy, every economic situation, and every religion. Make no assumptions about your fellow Holtizens’ beliefs and treat everyone as a fellow human being.
- The Holt is a server for Jaguar fans who wish to discuss her work with other fans. People who consistently show solely to promote themselves, or who promote themselves habitually, will be asked to start their own servers.
- Do not link NSFW or disturbing stuff directly. If you want someone to look for it, tell them how to find it (i.e. ‘if you google ‘x, y, z, it’s the third link’), use the spoiler tags, or use the <>framing.
- Discussion of adult topics is permissible, but keep it thoughtful, not vulgar, and be prepared to stop if a moderator asks.
- Please observe the fanworks policy about the Jaguar’s work.
- Please help guide discussions into the appropriate channels, so people can keep up on the discussions they particularly enjoy. During scheduled events, please stay on topic.
- A community is only as robust as the people who maintain it. As much as possible, please put in what you take out.
- Always say ‘thank you’ for the click, and the Hydra.
- When in doubt, act as you think the Jaguar would act.
The author reserves the right to delete messages, or kick, temp-ban, and perma-ban anyone for any reason, including reasons not mentioned explicitly here. If you are paying for access and you’re banned, you may feel free to halt your Patreon subscription. (At this time, the author cannot stop your subscription for you.) In addition, moderators may kick people for misbehavior or delete offensive content as they see fit. Moderators have names flagged in orange; please apply to them for help if the Jaguar’s not available.
There are several channels in the server. Please use them for their intended purposes!
#den: For general chatter. If it doesn’t fit in one of the other rooms, it probably belongs here. This is also where the Jaguar shares stuff as she’s working on it, and solicits opinions about various topics!
#vault: Enter at own risk! This channel will contain spoilers for the author’s books (and possibly other properties). For discussion and speculation.
#gameroom: For talk about games of any kind. Come chat about everything from MMPORGs to card games to web games and apps!
#kitchen: For sharing pictures of food, recipes, and just general chat about deliciousness. The Peltedverse cookbook project is also evolving in this channel.
#studio: For working. Go here when you need to held accountable for your WIPs, or talk things out with other people who are also working on projects, or if you need encouragement! All creators are welcome to discuss their WIPs. (Remember this is a working channel, not an advertising channel.)
#library: For technical, nerdy, or dense discussions that are disrupting chitchat elsewhere.
#tsuni: For discussion of the serial, Kherishdar’s Exception, and Ai-Naidari language/philosophy stuff.
#picnicfield: The picnic hall is the “landing pad” for new Patrons, and opens monthly for the All Fan Chat day, which is open to all members of the Jaguar community.
We now have weekly and monthly events! Please check #messageboard for a schedule.
Some general notes and conventions:
- Joining even a well-moderated Discord server can be overwhelming! Feel free to lurk while you get your bearings.
- There is no rule that you must read scrollback before participating! If a discussion is going on that looks interesting to you, go ahead and hop in! Or if nothing’s going on, just say ‘hi’.
- Each channel has pins appropriate to its discussion, mostly things the Holtizens have come up with on their own. When in doubt, check the pins if you’re looking for a resource everyone else seems familiar with. Pins are found at the top right and the icon looks like a pushpin!
- Moving discussions to another channel is not a big deal. Just say, “Let’s continue this in #otherchannel” and hop over there.
- Remember that you can selectively mute channels, so if there are channels that don’t interest you, you can turn off notifications by right-clicking on the channel (or pressing on it) and selecting “Mute #channelname.”
- We have in-server emojis! Notably a cheerleader (Rexina Regina). Also ‘espresso’, a ‘samovar’, a ‘flitzbe’, plus two reactions (‘whut’ and ‘staringintensifies’). Additional: hug, flitzbe, blood, bite, bandage, mango, and chinhands.
- If you have a problem, suggestion, or need guidance or advice on your behavior or an interaction you feel went off the rails, please DM the Jaguar and we’ll talk. You can also consult a moderator (name in orange), if you prefer.
- Having said that, the server is now too large for any one person to see everything that happens when it happens. If you see something that needs attention, please tell a moderator or the Jaguar.
- The hydra is not a lie. The hydra is also not a right. Please respect the hydra, and give back where you can.
Thank you for respecting the community! We hope to see you online!