Just to pull them all out of my head.
• I’ve decided that next year we should celebrate Space Marine Liberation Day! So mark your calendars for February 8th. I plan to have some t-shirts and merchandise ready (and if you design some, I’ll link to yours too!). Spots will be on sale… and a little birdie told me that we might also be doing a charity drive for the Wounded Warrior Project and the EEF. Stay tuned!
• I am trying to get Earthrise onto a mailing list that requires 10-15 reviews, and it only has 7! If you’ve read the book and enjoyed it, I’d appreciate you leaving a few lines about it. We are 4 reviews (or $20) away from Saturday’s serial post, so it’s not a bad time…
• I’ve heard back from Mike about the Alysha’s Fall illustrations, and I’m still not sure when he’s going to be able to deliver. I’m at the point now where I honestly can’t decide whether to cut the project loose and get someone else to do it, or just hang in there because it’s already been so long what does another month matter? And yet—
• —I don’t want to run the children’s book Kickstarter until I’ve started fulfillment on AF. It’s already a week from November. I had planned to run another three Kickstarters this year, and AF has held me up. Not happy about that.
• On the bright side, there’s been some movement on Godkin 2, so I hope to have news about that soon.
• Mindline got off to a slow start this month, but we’re up to 78 pages. I wanted to go into NaNo with at least 100, but I’ve also been collapsing every night at 9:30 at night, which doesn’t leave much time for writing. We’ll see how things go.
Honestly, I think I’m just done with this year. A lot of that has to do with the stress of managing other people; I’ve had some really awful experiences this year with freelancers, and I’m not angry about it but the stress of dealing with the problems I incurred relying on other people was far in excess of what I think I can reasonably handle, given the rest of my responsibilities. I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to do about this next year, but I’m going to have to change something. And honestly, I am thinking of torpedoing all the things I had planned for the end of this year; I’m that worn out. My problem is that I enjoy getting things done. If I’m not working, I am sad. So I’m going to have to find a good balance between “I am content because I am productive” and “I am avoiding the stress that’s wearing me out.”
So, I dunno. I was really looking forward to this year and the opportunity to work with a lot of people, and that hasn’t turned out the way I wanted. I kinda want to crawl back into my lair and hide for the winter. :,
And that’s the news! *fallsover*
Mirrored from MCAH Online.